Ukrainian Association on Information Processing and Pattern Recognition (UAsIPPR), UNESCO/IIP International Research/Training Centre for Information Technologies and Systems declare the Sixth in series of All-Ukrainian International conferences focussing on the theory and applications of Signal/Image Processing and Pattern Recognition
The conference will be held on October 8 till 12, 2002 at the Cybernetic Centre, Prospekt Akademika Hlushkova 40, Kyjiv, Ukraine
The conference program will include oral presentations and poster/demonstration sessions with time for discussions of the issues raised. Social events will allow for additional informal interactions.
- Problems of Pattern Computer Development;
- Methodological Problems of Pattern Recognition;
- Theoretical Basis of Signal and Image Processing and Recognition;
- Training and Selftraining Problems in Pattern Recognition;
- Automatic Recognition, Understanding and Synthesis of Speech Signals;
- Natural Language and Speech Resources and Technologies;
- Technical Diagnostics of Objects and Machines on its Signals and Fields;
- Printed and Hand-Written Texts, Drawing and Graphic Picture Processing and Recognition;
- Photopictures Processing and Recognition;
- Scene Processing, Recognition and Understanding;
- Simulating and Research Systems;
- Processors Architecture for Signal/Image Processing and Recognition;
- Signal/Image Input/Output Tools and Multimedia Systems;
- Signal/Image Filtering, Compression, Reconstruction and Synthesis;
- Audiovisual Data and Knowledge Bases: Retrievial and Summarisation;
- Multimodal Means for Man-Machine Communication;
- Advanced Information Technologies and Systems Based on Signal/Image Processing.
Paper Abstracts and Author ListPlease find paper abstracts in English here . Author list with most their emails like in the Procedings is available as well.
Programme CommitteeVintsiuk Taras (Chairman) (Kyjiv, Ukraine)
Bondarenko Mykhajlo (Kharkiv, Ukraine)
Fedoryn Jaroslav (Kyiv, Ukraine)
Flach Boris (Dresden, Germany)
Havryliuk Ol'ha (Kyjiv, Ukraine)
Hrytsenko Volodymyr (Kyjiv, Ukraine)
Hrytsyk Volodymyr (L'viv, Ukraine)
Dragan Jaroslav (L'viv, Ukraine)
Ivakhnenko Oleksij (Kyjiv, Ukraine)
Javors’kyj Ihor (L'viv, Ukraine)
Kozhemjako Volodymyr (Vinnytsia, Ukraine)
Kuc Roman (New Haven, USA)
Kulias Anatolij (Kyjiv, Ukraine)
Kunchenko Jurij (Cherkasy, Ukraine)
Kyrychenko Mykola (Kyjiv, Ukraine)
Lobanov Boris (Mensk, Bielarus')
Mokrzycki Wojciech (Warsaw, Poland)
Omel'chenko Viktor (Kharkiv, Ukraine)
Rashkevych Jurij (L'viv, Ukraine)
Schlesinger Michail (Kyjiv, Ukraine)
Shabanov-Kushnarenko Jurij (Kharkiv, Ukraine)
Shyrokov Volodymyr (Kyjiv, Ukraine)
Sirodzha Ihor (Kharkiv, Ukraine)
Starovoitov Valerij (Mensk, Belarus')
Tretiak Oleh (Philadelphia, USA)
Vasyl'jev Volodymyr (Kyjiv, Ukraine)
Vlasenko Viktor (Odesa, Ukraine)
Organising CommitteeVintsiuk Taras (Co-Chairman) (Kyjiv, Ukraine)
Hrytsenko Volodymyr (Co-Chairman) (Kyjiv, Ukraine)
Havryliuk Ol’ha (Kyjiv, Ukraine)
Kulias Anatolij (Kyjiv, Ukraine)
Matsello Vjacheslav (Kyjiv, Ukraine)
Krakovs’kyj Volodymyr (Kyjiv, Ukraine)
Sazhok Mykola (Kyjiv, Ukraine)
Tymofijeva Nadija (Kyjiv, Ukraine)
Final version in PDF-format: 300 KB and 180 KB compressed.
Submission of Papers
Participants should submit such materials:
1) a Registration Form for every participant with indication of surname, name and patronymic, scientific degree and rank, position, place of work, address, phone and fax numbers and e-mail address;
2) a Paper Abstract in English of no more than 1000 characters which will be placed on the WWW-page of the UAsIPPR;
3) 4 copies of camera-ready full paper in Ukrainian or English (4 A4 pages) for review and publication – for those who want to be authors of the Proceedings. To prepare your camera-ready copy follow instruction for the authors.
Deadline for submission of the materials is 1st August 2002. Please indicate the topic area of interest closest to your submission. Electronic submission of abstract and registration form is obligatory. Registration and paper abstract submission will be available at the conference homepage www.uasoiro.org.ua/ukrobraz2002/. Alternatively, fill the registration form and send it together with abstract via e-mail email@example.com . We can handle both text and MS Word files.
The notifications of acceptance or rejection will be mailed out until 10th of September 2002. Camera-ready full papers will be published and the Proceedings will be distributed at the Conference.
Registration fee is $10 for each participant from Ukraine. Registration fee should be sent before the 20th of October to Payment Account of UAsIPPR No 260051991 in AKB "Perkombank", MFO 321712, bank ID 14349442. The Association's ID is 19351446. Bank address is: 17 Petra Sahajdachnoho street, Kyjiv 04070 Ukraine. In the money transfer order should be pointed "Registration fee for participating in the conference UKROBRAZ-2002" and the surname and initials of the participant as well.
Registration fee for participant from the countries of the New Independent States (NIS), Eastern and Central Europe is $20, and $50 for participant from the other countries. Foreign participants should pay the fee at arrival.
The fee includes organising cost, conference proceedings, meals and social events.
Speech Science and Technology Department
UNESCO/IIP International Research/Training Centre for Information Technologies and Systems
Mail: NAS Cybernetics Centre
40 Prospekt Akademika Hlushkova
Tel./Fax: +380 44 266-4356 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Homepage: www.uasoiro.org.ua/ukrobraz2002/
A nearby hotel
Foreign participants are asked to inform the Organization Committee about day and time of their arrival. The organizers will provide for them transportation from airport or railway station to the hotel.
We are glad to present the conference pictures! Look through day series and thumbnails, click a chosen picture to enlarge it. Size of pictures is between 90 and 200 KB, dimensions 1600x1200. To order some superhigh quality photo files (>1MB) feel free to email us. Enjoy!
Welcome to the recenly opened chat at our site. Please enter the UkrObraz room. Do not forget to register. This will enable you to create own rooms, including private ones, for discussion.
Last Updated: December 21, 2002